Because everyone’s nails, nail beds, and skin are different, there are hundreds of ways to “tweak” your application when applying your Jams to get the “best” Jamicure for YOU. When you’re first practicing and trying out the wraps, the best thing is to start simple!
If you’re just starting with Jamberry Nail Wraps, start with the Basic Application
This is a SHORT video showing the most basic application method – and it’s actually Jamberry’s recommended method. It’s fast, easy, and when done correctly, will ensure that your gorgeous manicure lasts for up to two weeks (or more!).
Step-By-Step For the Basic Jamberry Application
- Nail prep – Don’t skip it! Wash your hands with dish soap, swipe them with rubbing alcohol to get rid of any oils or lotions that just won’t LET IT GO. Get ’em clean, dry, and oil-free!
Push back your cuticles. Trust. It takes a couple of minutes, but means the difference between your Jams lasting two days and two weeks. **This is the main reason why your wraps will lift, peel off, or not get a good seal!**
- Size Matters – Pick the wrap that’s slightly SMALLER than your nail so that it doesn’t overlap your cuticles or skin.
- Cut it in half, heat it up.
- Place it on your nail, rounded edge against your cuticle, but not touching.
- Press down and smooth it out like your life depends on it. Or, the life of your manicure.
- Let it cool. (DON’T SKIP! The wrap stretches a bit when warm – as it cools, it will shrink a tiny bit – and you don’t want to be filing when it’s still warm!)
- File of the excess by filing straight down.
- Flaunt what Jamberry gave ya.
Have super curved nails? Dome-shaped nails? Be sure to follow the blog over the next few weeks!
I’ll be posting short how-tos of several little “tweaks” that you can add in to your application to get the best application for you!